Croydon Astronomical Society
© Croydon Astronomical Society 2012 Croydon, Surrey, England, UK Registered Charity No. 251560
Welcome to the website of Croydon Astronomical Society
• The next meeting at the Royal Russell School is on Friday 19th Dec at 7:45pm, our Christmas party. Please bring some festive food and drink and there will be some astronomical entertainment, by way of a quiz, as well as some short presentations.
• Our observatory at Kenley was last opened last Sat 13th Nov, with 19 people attending and where a variety of objects were seen. The next viewing opportunity will be Sat 20th Dec, and awaiting a weather forecast.
• The society is now collecting articles for the next issue of the society newsletter. Please visit Altair on how to contribute.
• The Latest News page has new items (updated: 28th Nov).
• The Astronomy page now has links to what can be seen in the night sky right now.
• The Events page has new events (updated: 4th Sept).
Founded as the Croydon Group of the Junior Astronomical Society on 5th May 1956, and becoming the Croydon Astronomical Society in 1965.
The Society holds lecture evenings at the Royal Russell School, Coombe Lane, Croydon, Surrey CR9 5BX. These are held every other Friday during school term time. More information on dates and our lectures are in the Meetings page. Lectures start at 7:45 pm and finish around 10 pm. There is free parking and very good public transport links.
We also have an observatory, above, near Kenley aerodrome CR8 5EP. Besides hosting
several instruments there is a clubhouse for visiting groups, a kitchen for hot drinks
and wireless broadband internet. Parking is nearby, off-
Our observatory at Kenley was last opened last Sat 13th Nov, with 19 people attending and where a variety of objects were seen. The next viewing opportunity will be Fri 20th Dec, and awaiting a weather forecast.